Thursday 12 March 2009

Batches


Today I have been rustling up a batch of fairy cakes. Obviously these are fairy cakes which don't involve me burning myself on the oven (again) and although I don't get to eat them I find them just as rewarding to make as the conventional edible cakes. This batch here is for the latest batch of friends' babies. I have three friends locally who have produced three baby girls in the past 10 days so I am planning to give each of them a mobile made from these fairy cakes. Sweet dreams Camilla, Hannah and Holly.

5 comments:

  1. Oh they are going to be so sute and gorgeous, can you post a pic when they are finished please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks BeadyPool - absolutely. Just fiddling about with buttons and stuff now and working out how to finish the top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Although making me nostalgic for the real ones we ate over the weekend... Looking forward to seeing them finished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean Kitschy Coo, but at least this way I don't have the temptation of leftover frosting in the fridge - or the threat of SOMEONE throwing it away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These will be lovely gifts. I've been making knitted bunting with names stitched in for our latest new arrivals, luckily their parents have all picked very short names!

    ReplyDelete